The first written mention of Kudymkar as a church yard was met in the census of 1579. However, settlement was founded much earlier.
Kudymkar historical centre was built on ancient village (tentatively in 7-8th centuries), which nowadays is called “Red Hill”. Since 1702 Kudymkar belongs to graphs Stroganov and it is the centre of Invensk Region of Perm’s Stroganov estate. The compositional center of historical part is a stone St. Nicola’s Church, which was built in 1795-1800. Not far from the church the building of Stroganov Invensk Region and two-year Men’s Institutions are located.