The building was laid in 1913 under the project of the architect V. A. Voloshin at the expense of the merchant and public figure N. V. Meshkov. The construction was delayed because of the outbreak of the World War The First. When the construction had been completed, the building was occupied by the military units. In 1916, when the department of Petrograd University was established in Perm, the building, partly exempt from the science, was given to the university and pedagogical and medical faculties opened there. In 1930 the pedagogical faculty was converted into an independent institution. Nowadays it is the main building of Perm State Pedagogical University.
Photos by Tourist information center.
Address: Perm, str. Pushkina 46