The mansion was built in 1881 at the expense of Kungur merchant Matvey Yakovlevich Sofronov who sold the textiles and vat paints. On the fair days the merchant hung the blue flag over the house that was very unusual and attractive to the buyers. With the help of this “outdoor advertising” the number of customers in the manufacturing shop increased.
During the Soviet period the first city cinemas “Olimp” and “Lyuks” were located here. Since 1920s up to the present time the municipal library is located in this building.
Address: Kungur, Gogolya str., 40